This Hair Nourishing Cream can be used on hair and skin, leaving them feeling renewed and moisturized.
- Purified water,
- Shea butter,
- Kokum butter,
- Illippe butter,
- Mango butter,
- Vitamins A, D, & E,
- Ylang ylang,
- Rosemary essential oils,
- Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier & surfactant, rated 3 on EWG),
- Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer (Emulsion Stabilizer; Viscosity Increasing Agent rated 1 on EWG),
- Phenoxyethanol (preservative, rated 4 on EWG) ,
- Potassium sorbate (naturally occurring antimicrobial compound; used as a preservative, rated 3 on EWG),
- Sorbic acid (Preservative, rated 3 on EWG).
Apply a small amount (size of a dime) to damp or dry hair. Style as desired.
Knotty Hair Bar is proud to help you make the healthiest choices when it comes to hair care by providing an ingredient breakdown on our products so those scary chemical names are now defined for you. Each chemical ingredient is linked to its full listing on EWG so that you can see the ratings and any concerns. Here is a quick cheat sheet on terms:
Surfactant: "Surface Active" this is a cleansing agent.
Emulsifier: Helps to combine the oils and water based ingredients to avoid seperation
Antimicrobial: Helps repel growth of bacteria to preserve shelf life
Viscosity: Thickness of a product
Preservative: Helps keep a product from spoiling or going rancid
*Overall Ratings are based on the sum of concerns including environmental, allergies, use restrictions, gaps in data, use restrictions, as well as cancer and toxicity, it is always best to read the full description and not just the rating number.